- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), the National Institute on Aging (NIA), the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), and the National Institute of Arthritis and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) encourage submission of investigator-initiated research grant applications to study restless legs syndrome (RLS) and periodic limb movement disorder.
- The total amount to be awarded will depend on the number and type of applications received and on their scientific merit. Specific funds are not set-aside for this program.
- The anticipated number of awards is not known. The number of individual awards will depend on the number and scientific merit of the applications received.
- The type of mechanism to be used is the Research Project (R01) mechanism.
- Eligible organizations include for-profit or non-profit domestic public or private institutions, units of state or local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal government, and foreign institutions.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research.
- There is no limit on the number of different applications from an institution or individual.
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research
Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders
National Center on Sleep Disorders Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster